Most recent news:
- Here is a link to our latest newsletter: Winter/Holiday 2017 (4MB PDF)
- Read our 2016 Annual Report (996KB PDF).
- Click here for our Winter/Holiday 2016 newsletter.
Here are links to media stories that have appeared about the Rolling Dog Farm:
- Lancaster nonprofit farm offers disabled dogs, horses a safe sanctuary.
Union Leader, July 8, 2012
- Ovando’s Rolling Dog Ranch honored by ASPCA for work with disabled animals.
Missoulian, October 28, 2009
- Pair’s wonderful way with animals is rewarded.
USA Today, Pet Talk, October 27, 2009
- Backyard explorers – Wildlife expert Jack Hanna and crew film in Montana for TV series.
Missoulian, August 6, 2009
- All Dogs Welcome: Inside Sanctuaries That Give Dogs Hope.
Dog Fancy, January 2009
- Creature Comforter
AARP Bulletin, April 14, 2008
- Rolling Dog earns honors for animal care.
Missoulian, October 6, 2007
- Home for the least loved: Ranch for abused, disabled animals runs on dedication.
USA Today, March 6, 2007
- Creating a sanctuary for disabled pets.
People Magazine, March 5, 2007 (1 MB PDF file.)
- Sanctuary gives disabled pets a second chance.
The Today Show, Jan. 26, 2007
- Rolling Dog Ranch – A haven in Big Sky country.
Bark Magazine, Nov/Dec 2006 (1.8MB PDF file)
- Merry Misfits: In the heart of western Montana’s Blackfoot River Valley sits the Rolling Dog Ranch; a special place for disabled animals. In 2000, Steve Smith and his wife Alayne Marker founded this inspiring animal sanctuary to give special needs animals a second chance at life. Meet this remarkable couple and the amazing animals they care for. To watch this video, click here.
KSPS TV — Spokane, Washington, November 2006
- At Rolling Dog Ranch near Missoula, disabled dogs finally have their day.
The Pacific Northwest Inlander, March 23, 2006
- Disabled pets get a home — ranch takes in blind, deaf animals.
Spokesman-Review, Feb. 25, 2006
- Second Chances. Couple’s one-of-a-kind ranch provides care and a home for blind and disabled animals.
Montana Quarterly, Winter 2005 (Note: This is 2 MB PDF file.)